Introduction to Fair Isle Knitting at The Wool Shop
Indulge yourself in the wonderful world of colour and stranded knitting in this introduction to Fair Isle knitting. The first session will include an easy, short walk through local bush land to draw inspiration from our landscape to influence colour choices and how to combine them. Note: the walk is optional and at your own risk.
Other sessions will be held at The Wool Shop - 58 Main Rd, Moonah.
The project is a simple cowl to teach 2 colour stranded knitting, making a steek (cutting your knitting to create an opening), corrugated ribbing, working from a chart.
- Cost: $160 for 1 x 3-hour and 3 x 2-hour sessions. Includes patterns and notes. Yarn is additional cost, using Zealana Kauri 4 ply available from The Wool Shop
- Dates: Saturday 9th October 2pm to 5pm, Wednesdays – 20th October, 3rd and 17th November, 6pm to 8pm
- What to bring: pen and paper, your knitting kit and 1 x 3.25mm 40cm circular needle, stitch markers
- Skills required: know how to cast on, bind off, knit and purl – just the basics!
- Excursion location: Lenah Valley. Further details on registration.