Introduction to Dyeing Kit
Are you drawn to beautiful hand dyed yarns? Do you drool over speckles, subtle hues and gorgeous gradients?
Do you have have an eye for colour? Or just an idea of colourways you would like to create in a yarn? Then we have the perfect kit for you!
The kit contains:
- 1 x Ashford wool dye Hot Pink 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Yellow 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Black 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Blue 10gm
- 2 x 100gm Skeins of Yarn – 75% Wool 25% Nylon, 4 ply fingering weight, 100gm net at standard condition / 400m (437yds), Machine washable, Tension 10cm (4”) square =26–28 sts x 36 rows 2.75 – 3.25mm (2 – 3 US)
- Instructions – including colour theory and colour recipes
- Colour wheel
When made up the dyes will be enough to dye 4kg of yarn or fibre.
*(Dyes can be made up and stored for up to 12 months if vinegar not added until ready to use)
Ashford wool dyes are perfect for dyeing all protein fibres, yarns and even fabrics – as long as it is a protein fibre our dyes will dye it! You can use on Wool, Silk, Cashmere, Mohair, Angora, Llama, Alpaca, Vicuna, Feathers and any other protein fibre you can think of. The only mordant required is white vinegar. You can use the microwave method, stove top, slow cooker or steam methods for Ashford dyes.